Grill it in wrapped in parchment paper, which will create a closed environment that prevents moisture from escaping and result in a very moist piece of fish.
1. Layout a sheet of parchment paper large enough to completely wrap the salmon filet; if the filet is really big, cut into 2 or more pieces and separately wrap each piece.
2. Drizzle salmon with ample amount of olive oil; you want too much vs. too little.
3. Sprinkle salmon with salt (I prefer large grain salt like Kosher or sea salt) and pepper.
4. Top salmon with lemon slices and capers.
5. Fold parchment paper to completely enclose salmon, making overlapping folds down the center line and on the edges. Fold the overlaps several times so that the salmon is completely sealed in the paper.
6. Place salmon in center of pre-heated grill and cook until salmon is 140 degrees in center. This usually takes me about 20 to 25 minutes. You can flip the salmon once while grilling, but you don’t have to.