You are replying to: New Grill weld problem
Your Name

Message Text

Enter this code before submitting.
This will help reduce the amount of SPAM we receive from programs that automatically complete these types of forms.
Topic Title: New Grill weld problem
Created on March 10, 2012 at 03:11 PM


Just ordered a Maverick grill last week and went to use it for the first time this morning to cook some ribs. I started to fill the drip pan with liquid and it leaked all over. Turns out there is a gap in the weld between the threaded pipe insert and the drip pan. Is this something I can use J-B Weld or a similar product to fill the hole? Or should I just send it in for repair? J-B Weld is only rated to 500 degrees which probably isn't enough, but there are other products I found which are rated to 1000 degrees. Is that enough? I know the obvious answer is to just send it in for repair/replacement but I have these beautiful ribs that don't want to be burnt to a crisp on my old grill! :-)

Arthur M

If you actually have a Maverick (BH421AG6), this is the one model that is not designed to hold water & steam. There is no shut-off valve at the end of the pipe.

If you have a Wrangler (BH421AG7) & it is new, call Holland. If the drip pan is defective, they will most likely replace it. You will need model number, serial number & date of purchase.


Oops, I misstated. It is indeed a Wrangler. Thanks I'll give them a call.


To conclude, I called Holland Grill support and after I supplied my serial number and explained the problem, they immediately shipped me a new drip pan. They don't even want me to send the old one back. Awesome customer support! Thanks!